Designed by Irene O'Thomas of Countess Designs.
Stitch count 140 x 251
This chart is an authentic reproduction of one of 111 Lord's Prayer tiles (Irish Gaelic in this case) written in various world languages at the Pater Noster cloister in Jerusalem.
Tiled panels bearing the Lord's Prayer beam from the walls of this church and cloister. Queen Helena, mother of Emperor Constantine, believed this to be the location where Jesus taught the Lord's Prayer to his disciples, and she arranged for a church to be built here. It was destroyed, but the Crusaders rebuilt a church at this site in 1152 (itself razed by the Mamluks). The current building is a partial reconstruction of the Byzantine church with a 19th-century cloister.