TO CELEBRATE THE ENGAGEMENT of HRH Prince Henry of Wales to Meghan Markle - we will donate the profits of each Marriage Pillowe sold between now and their wedding next Spring, to the Prince's charitable foundation - Heads Together
This Marriage Pillowe, a replica from antique needlework in Phillipa’s private collection, would originally have been created to commemorate a wedding in England during the early 18th Century. This Georgian design of a happy couple are placed within an idyllic landscape. The Marriage Pillowe is in a romantic style typical of the period.
The very first Marriage Pillowe we stitched here at The Crewel Work Company was given to Rufus (son and brother of Phillipa and Laura) for his wedding to Davina in 2010 (a groomsman is pictured holding it right). They used it to kneel on while the vicar performed the blessing, which was a wonderful touch to an already perfect day.
Linen size 24 x 19”
Design size 18 x 12.5”
Padded Satin Stitch, Crewel Stem Stitch, Closed Fly Stitch, Satin, French Knots, Long & Short Stitch as ‘soft shading’, Laid & Couched Work
What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for The Crewel Work Company in the Highlands of Scotland. Accurately screen-printed with the design outline with stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the stitch chart
- Easy to follow illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- 2 of each of our bespoke gold-plated (size 2 for single thread) and polished nickel (size 1 for double thread) speciality crewel needles
- A full size colour reproduction of the finished design