This pretty scene is worked in classic 17th Century crewel work colours. Jacobean green, deep red, rich gold, soft browns, indigo blues - gorgeous rich natural colours and always so easy on the eye. This design is a detail taken from a larger Tree of Life design. The Rabbits kit has been created with the beginner in mind, albeit one who enjoys a variety of stitches. Enjoy learning seven traditional Crewel Work stitches with this bold and joyful Jacobean design.
Linen size 14 1/2 x 12”
Design size 5.5 x 5.5”
Crewel Stem, Seeding, Laid & Couched Work, Raised Satin, French Knots, Long & Short as ‘soft shading’, Closed Fly
What's in a Kit?
- Historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill woven exclusively for The Crewel Work Company in the Highlands of Scotland. Accurately screen-printed with the design outline with stitch direction and length guide
- Appleton's 2-ply crewel wools in numbered skeins to match the stitch chart
- Easy to follow illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Full size stitch chart showing the exact location of every stitch and colour
- Beginners booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", including handy hints, getting started, needle threading and other embroidery tips
- 2 of each of our bespoke gold-plated (size 2 for single thread) and polished nickel (size 1 for double thread) speciality crewel needles
- A full size colour reproduction of the finished design